PervasID is growing fast, and is keen to hear from talented individuals who fit our requirements.
These are our current vacancies, but please get in touch if you would like to be part of our story.
Business Development Executive
PervasID design and sell world leading technology readers that allow customers to detect, locate and track passive RFID tags at up to 20m that enables their customers to track & manage assets, tools, products and people in an accurate, fast and cost effective way.
PervasID is a spin out from Cambridge University, venture capital backed, and growing rapidly in all geographic regions. The Business Development Executive role is to expand sales, by opening up new partners in the industrial and healthcare sectors, initially in the UK and Europe and eventually on a global basis.
The main focus of the role is to grow revenues in the healthcare, Industrial and Manufacturing Sectors, mainly in the area of tracking assets, products and tools, initially in UK & Europe and then wider a field.
This will be achieved mainly by building a new network of partners in each geography, who have the end customer contacts and knowledge of their processes, in the various industry sectors. It may also include the possibility of working directly with some end customers, where there may be a large potential for direct sales and whom have the ability to provide their own support services. This will include prospecting using web research, networking, attending conferences and exhibitions, with the purpose to identify & qualify potential partners and then cold calling/making contact/selling to them, in order to turn them into buying partners.
The role will include the process of on-boarding the partner or end customer, so they are in a position to be able to sell, design, install and support the end user or themselves, in order to be able to maximise sales & end client customer service.
The person will need a good technical understanding of the company’s solutions, along with its unique selling points and the ability to understand the end users specific problems and processes.
While the exact responsibilities will vary over time with key priorities, the main duties of the Business Development Executive can be summarised as follows:
New Business Development
- Research the healthcare, industrial and manufacturing market sectors in the specified geographies in the asset, product and tool tracking sectors and identify all of the new potential channel partners, as well as some of the potential end customers.
- Qualify the potential channel partners in order to ensure that they have the best fit against the PervasID selection criteria.
- Identify the influencer/decision makers in the qualified channel partners and a few high potential end client accounts.
- Make contact with the relevant decision maker/influencers within the potential qualified channel partners or the high potential end customer accounts, by whatever means possible.
- Set up meetings/WebEx’s mainly with the prospective channel partner’s decision makers, but also with some high potential end clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches, utilizing PervasID team as required
- Work with the VP Business Development to get in place a “Commercial Agreement” with the channel partner
- Supply quotations to the channel partners, as required for specific end clients, based on agreed commercial terms.
- Manage the on-boarding process with a new channel partner, including organisation of training, commercial agreements, test/demo equipment, press releases and marketing information etc.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
Business development positions require a bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical/engineering subject, preferably 2 years or more in a technical sales support role and 3 years or more in a sales engineer type role.
The candidate may have worked in the RFID, AutoID, IT or Technology area, with possible experience also in the supply chain, logistics, manufacturing or healthcare environments.
Other Skills, Qualifications & Attributes
Good all round sales skills, but generally good at prospecting, cold calling and influencing.
Good presenting and communication skills, with the ability to come across in a very professional manner.
High level of common sense and commercial acumen.
A high level of technical understanding, including RFID Solutions, networks and other hi-tech areas or at least the ability to learn and pick up the technical USP’s very quickly.
A passionate and self-motivated individual, who has the ability to perform their day to day duties without close supervision and ability to work in a start-up company, where you often have to get things done yourself and to be versatile, flexible and entrepreneurial.
PervasID design and sell world leading technology readers that allow customers to detect, locate and track passive RFID tags at up to 20m. These are used by customers in retail, healthcare and industrial sectors to create efficient and effective processes. Their readers provide a cost-effective solution to enable processes that gain insights to help increase customer service, improve efficiency, reduce costs and increase throughput.
PervasID is a spin out from Cambridge University, venture capital backed, and growing rapidly in all geographic regions. The Engineer is a key member of the team; improving PervasID’s product to help it achieve financial growth through maintaining and improving on its market leading product performance.
The primary objective is to support hardware and software UHF RFID reader development and customer deployments. You will be expected to assess product performance, test firmware releases, model and investigate methods of system optimisation. To accomplish this, an understanding of the interaction between product firmware and RF performance is necessary.
A secondary future role will be to support production test.
Responsibilities will include:
- SW implementation / development in C, python
- RFID firmware algorithm development
- RFID UHF system modelling where a deeper understanding of RF hardware is not necessary (but nice to have!)
- Customer support, on site deployment and testing (so an interest for global to travel and engage with customers is required.)
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary Field Engineers
- Languages: ‘C’, Python on Embedded Linux and PC servers
- Processors: Arm micro controller experience
- Verification of wireless radio systems
- Familiarity with Oscilloscopes and RF test equipment
Nice to have
FPGA and SDR experience
Altium CAD experience
Linux Kernel development experience
Willingness to work in other areas of business including customer facing roles should need arise
Excellent inter personal skills, ability to understand needs and pressures on a number of stakeholders
For this role the right candidate is likely to have the following education:
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science related course
Part-time Office Manager
Location: Cambridge (St. Johns Innovation Centre)
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 20 hours per week initially – with scope to increase
PervasID, a Cambridge based company, provides unique long range accurate passive radio frequency identification (RFID) tag reading for retail, banking, logistics and security applications. The Company is rapidly growing and has recently launched new products which are attracting strong interest from a range of major customers.
We are looking for an experienced Part-time Office Manager. An excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career by working as part of an agile, innovative business. This is a new role and as such provides scope for career growth as the role expands along with the abilities of the successful candidate.
Due to strong company growth our clients require administrative, logistics and operation support to maintain their efficiency. This role will report to COO and will provide support to the team.
- General office management – order supplies, couriers, customer liaison, delivery schedule updates, plan and execute on office moves
- Ensuring the office remains clean and tidy and effective and efficient place for the PervasID team to work in
- Collecting materials and equipment from local suppliers or shops
- Answer the phone, take messages and follow up with emails
- Collect and distribute post / deliveries
- Book Meetings and room / schedule and plan calendar
- Plan, book and deliver lunches/refreshments and tidy up afterwards
- Organising conferences/speaking opportunities/exhibitions
- General admin support for PervasID team
- Plan and book travel/visas/hotels
- Packing of components and preparation of packing notes etc for finished products etc for customers or suppliers, booking into IT systems to maintain records
- HR support: including things like recruitment, induction, training support
- Finance system: ordering materials, preparing sending purchase orders, sales invoices, reviewing bank reconciliations, chasing missing invoices
- Support to PervasID team on expenses
- Loading expenses on to Bank system for approval
- Excellent communications
- Willingness to work in other areas of business including customer facing roles should need arise.
To apply for these positions, please email your CV and covering letter to jobs<at>pervasid.com